Fashion’s Route Recalculated, Destination: Blockchain, NFT and Cryptocurrencies
Recently, one of the most talked topics of technologies has been blockchain and cryptoeconomics.
In practice, cryptoeconomics’s several areas of focus such as information security engineering, mechanism design, token engineering and market design have already adapted by fashion and art industries. Since these new digital economies have accelerated during Covid-19 era and doesn’t seem like it’s going to slow down anytime soon.
Fashion Industry is Ready
Fashion and art industries have started to implement blockchain, cryptocurrencies, NFT and virtual clothing market into their business as first-movers;
- Louis Vuitton has already launched ‘Louis the Game’ where players can collect NFTs.
- Gucci partnered with Belarus-based fashion-tech company @wannakicks for debuting AR sneakers. The semi-NFT sneakers designed by Alessandro Michele made available for purchase for just $11.99 USD virtually.
- Dolce & Gabbana collaborated with UNXD, a curated marketplace for digital luxury and culture in order to launch their first NFT collections crafted a large assortment of products such as perfume, clothes and accessories.
- Philipp Plein has announced that his brand is preparing to accept 15 cryptocurrencies for both online and in-store purchases.
#Dogecoin is accepted in NBA team Dallas Mavericks’s merchandise store and New-York based brand Estate Diamond Jewelry‘s store which has some of the highest-quality Art Deco, Victorian, and Edwardian jewelry. $DOGE is currently accepted by over 1,300 merchants.
Axe released a limited number of #Doge themed “crypto scented” body sprays for celebrating #DogeDay.
- Also, blockchain-based applications developed by start-ups such as VeChain ($VET, $VTHO) are used by major firms as H&M, LV for not only tracing the transparency and sustainability of fashion products in the value-chain, but also prove their authenticity.
- LVMH, Prada and Richemont came together as an “unprecedented collaboration” to form a unified blockchain consortium called Aura Blockchain Consortium. This technology makes it possible for consumers to access product history and proof of authenticity of luxury goods. This gives retailers, manufacturers, and end-users transparency, traceability, and tradability in retail fashion and luxury supply chain management.
Yes, We Accept Cryptocurrencies!
As Brandcared, we are helping designers, fashion entrepreneurs and brands to implement cryptocurrencies, NFTs and blockchain technologies into their businesses. We provide our customers to create a new brand value by using blockchain technologies and new income opportunities by introduce them with NFT marketplaces.
Now, we accept payments with $BTC, $ETH, $DOGE, $VET!
Contact us for learning more.
Photo & video credits: Louis Vuitton, Gucci, KenYu Games, Philipp Plein, Dallas Mavericks, SlumDoge Millionare (ProTheDoge)